Saturday 18 May 2013

FMP Week 5

this weeks is jam packed and is going to be hectic!!
i sent  my work plan to Jamie and Kim over the weekend and on tuesday i started final piece drew using projectors. i asked Kim to transfer the images i was going to be using onto accetate and i set up the projector and stretched A2 paper on a board and started drawing the building at first.

i used the original cotton exchange architectural drawing and traced the basic outlines of the building, using the projector. i could have drawn it from scratch but i wanted to save time. since i was restoring the building i decided to use the original drawing because it would have looked like that and it was a shame to ignore the original architects wishes but i made it my own by then adding symbols.




i projected symbols onto my the drawing an arranged them in appropriate places an drew them on. it took me a whole day and i think it worked really well. it wasn't as easy as i had anticipated it was hard to make the symbols work and look natural but it turned out well.my tutors were impressed as was i and i was pleased i managed to use all the symbols appropriately without distorting the original building which was beautifully designed.






joe told me to look at hunter wassa!
on Wednesday i decided to take a break from my final piece and i printed with my dry point tiles. i used all the scrap symbol print out i had and some marbled paper. i spent most of the day doing this because dry point it dry specific in its creation at first the prints didn't turn out too well an were too dark but once i go into it they came out perfect. i tried adding colours like red and green but i thought it detracted from the image and continued to use black like i originally started with.


i went back and began shading my final piece with a 2B pencil, which was a bit dark for my liking but i had to carry on suing it because it would look wrong if i changes pencil.. i tried to make it look as if the symbols were on the building but it looked wrong because of the perspective which i hadn't thought of originally. however i saved it and started incorporating the symbols into the building so the lines worked together. at this point i realised it will take longer than expected but it would be worth it and this fact kept me going.





on Thursday the man who was going to frame (lovely guy) our work came in and we had a meeting. he brought in samples and discussed what could be done and what is possible. we managed to chose a style of wood and finish as a group which was good. im excited about the final exhibition now it feels closer than ever and the pressure is on!



after the meeting i continued working on my final piece it took all day but i manged to finish it!!
i stayed back late because it took that long. i an not to pleased with the outcome i feel i rushed it and in my head it isn't good enough for the exhibition despite what my peers had said. im too much of a perfectionist! i was ready to take it home to ink but before that i decided to ask for Richards (fine art tutor) for his opinion if it was good enough because i was disappointed in my line and shading quality iy looked a bit rough to me other than that it worked well and i was going to ink and outline over the weekend. but Richard was really impressed and said i shouldn't cover it but get it copied and then ink on those, so is shall be asking next week. this way i can have a series of drawings. he said i should tidy it up because i used a 2B pencil to shade it was a bit dark and smudged around the edges.







over the weekend i have stuck in all my prints in to my sketchbook and i shall be inking and outlining the pages as usual.

(sketchbook pages)

in the conclusion im pleased with my self for doing soo much this week and im quite pleased with my final piece but i know i can do better if i had more time.

No comments:

Post a Comment