Saturday 18 May 2013

FMP Week 4

now that i have my ideas sorted and planned what im going to do all there is now is to do it.
so this week is going to consist of artist research, building research and finishing my book pages drawing buildings and outlining which is tedious and time consuming work.


 i have created a work plan iv been filling in my timetable and im ready to work hard. now that i have finally got my head around my project im all set.


{Work Plan!!}
(Final piece)
To save time instead of drawing from scratch I shall be using projectors to get rough outlines and working into them.
·         Project original image onto A2 sheet draw outline
·         Project symbols onto buildings, incorporate into the building.
·         Shade everything; make it look like a sketch.
·         Then ink
·         Finally outline
·         Simple!!!
(Book)
I shall be going printing crazy I think it’s the best way to transfer images.
·         Dry point
·         Mono
·         Lino
·         Any other printing techniques Kim knows of I shall try
I’ve done some pages on my building already as well as symbol pages. I shall be sticking in prints and experimenting with buildings and symbols mixing things up and general sketching.
My blogs planned and sorted I’m fine with that.
I have artist and general research and experiment posts as well as sketchbook stuff shall be going on.
Evaluations and reflections shall be last minute adjustments.
·         Wanting to finish my final piece this week and then I shall fill in my blog and sketchbook.
·         I have loads of big symbol pieces about 6 – 9 might not include some.
·         Wanting to do some charcoal pieces and maybe a painting or two.
All planned and ready to go.
Going to try and stay behind late and come in extra days.
Don’t worry iv got this in the bag!!!

 i outlines a couple of my big pieces and i created some small squares and outlines them. i have managed to work out what im going to do for my final piece and iv updated my proposal.


  Fozia Iqbal FMP Proposal
This course has taught me multiple aspects of printing, creating images and art objects. The first month of this course taught me how to spot welled, paint with new techniques, create scratch films, draw with light, print, stitch and transfer images. I have gained new found confidence in experimenting with different media; exploring different techniques as well as stepping out of my comfort zone.  I will take these skills and use them positively to create a distinction worthy FMP. I have realised I find it hard to concentrate my ideas and thought processes and I will work on this to improve my work.
My main idea is to restore Blackburn’s old cotton exchange building that is now a derelict old cinema building. I will use the old architecture as foundations to build upon, using symbols and incorporating them into the building. I want to develop my drawing and sketching skills so I shall practice my technical drawings and continue the use of my style of colour use and outlining. My project has many interesting prospects.  Researching and visiting the old building and its rich history; finding and interpreting symbols will take time and hard work. Thus creating a large work load, great amounts of inspiration and sustainable concepts. 
I will use symbolism, architects and artists as inspiration and influences for my FMP. I am interested in alchemist circles, North African symbols, Antonio Gaudi and Charles Rennie Mackintosh.  My contextual research is studying my symbols and the history of the building as well as the works of my favorite Architects and artists. I will be taking photographs of the building to develop into sketches and a final building design. This will be inspired by my research of symbolism an incorporating them into architectural features.
I will be using all the skills I have learnt throughout the course; I want to use several print making techniques and explore drawing and maybe painting. I like to use projectors to enlarge and upscale my sketchbook experiments, (bigger is always better!) My final piece shall be the peak of my hard work and buildup. My final piece shall be a large pencil drawing on an A2 sheet with an addition of inks and fine liner outlining preferably;  It will hopefully in itself explain what my project based on. The materials I need are readily available as well as the techniques needed to use them, it is a case of experimenting.
Whilst creating my project and working to make it amazing I will obviously be experimenting with different ideas, concepts and techniques. There will be ups and downs and things will go wrong and some right but they are all learning curves. I will develop my FMP blog alongside my practical work. Continually logging down my actions and describing weather they were positive or negative; as well as artist/architects research. This will help me with deciding on what processes to avoid and what to take forward and develop in depth as well as creating inspiration.


i etched out dry point tiles ready to print next week.

i also used my window as a light box and drew the old cinema building on paper i had marbled.

No comments:

Post a Comment