Saturday 15 June 2013

FMP Week 8/9

since the exhibition building blocks were up all that had to be done was to get the work up!
since mine was being framed i had to weight so i continued to work in my book and blog and go in and an find out were my work would be going up in the exhibit.

i actually was pleasantly surprised to be given a good spot (well in my eyes) and i decided to just clean it up by fixing the gum strip and painting the bits that needed to be filled in and covered up.
 and then when that was done all that needed to be done was to put up my work when it came. so since i didn't need to be in college i didn't go in until i was called in.




i got called in on Thursday because the framer needed my help in working our which way up my pieces of work were ment to be in the frames. so i went down to the shop in the rain and cleared a few things up and then went in Friday because the frames were said to be done.

went in Friday morning and helped the framer unload his van and carried a couple frames to the exhibit space. only 3 of my four frames had come so i unwrapped them and tried to work out were i wanted them but i had no idea. i was then told i needed to wait till 3pm for the framer to drop off the second load and my final frame. so i spent the day sorting, cleaning a bit and finding more artist research from the books in class.i was watching everyone freak out an run around and helping then.peoples work going up knowing i had to wait for mine to come was annoying but the exhibit started looking amazing and my class mates have produced some great work and work so hard so im really proud of my exhibition and piers.












i had 6 hours to kill and it was tedious but then my final frame came and by half 3 my work was up and looking awesome! i didn't have a say in how my frames would be hung which was slightly annoying but the tutors did a great job in the placement of the frames so i wasn't to fussed when  i saw the final installment.

personally i was really impressed by how good all the work looked in frames; it looked really professional and the white frames worked really well with the white walls. when my work was finally up after a long day i could relax a bit knowing my work was nearly done an all i had to do was sort my blog out an ma practical book. i know i have an exhibit now and it was nearly over, (sigh if relief!).





one thing i didn't like about the framing was the gab around my work i was expecting the frame to be close to the work and encapsulate it completely around. but it wasn't and it was abut weird to get use to at first because the frames were bigger than expected but then it looked ok, once i got use to it. however the framer didn't really neaten up the sides of my work he should have cut it straight because some of the lines are a bit off. but i suppose he didn't want to ruin my work or take any of it off.

im not upset anymore about having less frames because my exhibit looks really professional and less is more even tho it would have been nice for my other work to be exhibited. but the less pieces up the more people will look at them closely.
on final inspection of my spot i noticed it was really close to Becky's and it would be hard for people to stand and look at it comfortably because there is a bored closing the gap which is annoying but hey its up its done and lets crack on. but because Becky's work is soo beautiful it will make my work look good so im not too fussed. its just annoying being a perfectionist.

No comments:

Post a Comment