Monday 17 June 2013

Final Piece Explanation

my final exhibit is a collection of very deep thought out pieces of work and id like to just explain exactly what each framed piece of work is about.

despite my whole FMP project being based around restoring my old cotton exchange building i still want to explain in depth what the idea behind it is.

i used symbols in my building because i wanted to describe how buildings in general all stand as symbols of time and history. each symbol represents each different aspect of life, each different culture and religion an each different idea. i used the old Cotton exchange Building since it is a significant feature in Blackburn (well i think), because cotton was a massive industry in this town. and to incorporate these aspect together was important to achieve a deep and meaningful final piece.

the colour in this piece, on the other had has a different idea an all together different story. i love picturing things that cant be seen and on this piece the colours describe the history being outlined (literally) by this piece. as well as the weather that has abused this building over time and the erosion an the fact that this building has been absorbed into the landscape of Blackburn so much soo its in the background and is lost. but if you look carefully you can appreciate it existence again an its symbols an meanings.


these two pieces i have created throughout this whole year and they some how to me symbolise my whole project an nearly every piece i have inked. the colours, inks, paints on these two pieces are from many pieces of work were i have actually used these squares as blotting paper. but as my work changed an grew so did these squares. they developed with my work an to me describe my hard work, frustration, mixed feelings and ideas. they symbolise my work coming together an becoming one. they symbolise my work being one and appreciated.

the fact that they are outlined describes how all the way through this project i have tried soo hard to control of my hard work, frustration, mixed feelings and ideas, and managed to make them work. i have used my experiments an developments and i felt these pieces (that are symbols in their own right to me) should be exhibited because they have been knocking about in my sketchbook for ages now an should be appreciated because the randomness of the colours an the wholeness of the outlines makes them complete an perfect.

my dreamcatcher piece is not one of my favorites because i feel its too busy but it is one of my favorite ideas an i will be re developing this idea in my personally time an create an improved version.

this piece speaks for itself, since i love depicting things you cant see; i sometimes think everything we see is not real and everything we don't is.
in this piece the colours are all the dreams being caught by the dream catcher. i feel if we saw dreams they would be these colours. and the fact i outlined it is because in a lifetime you can hundreds if not thousands of dreams and they are all individual an special but together they are a giant blur and you only remember a few.


i felt the need to describe my work in depth because that's what it has a lot of depth. i think a lot about why im creating a piece of work and i work hard to make it work an beautiful.

if you first look at my work you would not think it had this much thought behind it so this is the exact reason i had to explain myself not because i feel my work has to be justified but because i feel its nice when people understand you an your work and them they can appreciate your work on a level you can. 

No comments:

Post a Comment