Monday 10 June 2013

Final Idea

the idea for my final project came from the experiments in my book and the research i did and the knowledge i gained and insight about the building i had chosen to restore in a round about way. i didn't know what my final piece was going to be but  i knew it was going to be incorporating symbols and my building. trying to restore this building was scarier than expected i had no idea nor did i know were to start but im glad i started by researching my building. if i was going to use the old cotton exchange design then i should know about its history. whilst researching i came across its original plans and realised the building was had done because of lack of funds. this was really exciting immediately it opened doors to ideas.

but still i didn't know weather i wanted to use symbols to make the buildings or use the building and add symbols but when i looked at the original plans i made a decision. i felt awful that it wasn't completed and to commemorate its plans and the architect to designed it i decided to use it as a bases for my final piece.

this was a good idea because then i didn't need to start from scratch an make a new building because restoration is about using what you have instead of adding new stuff and changing it, (well to me it is). i still didn't know weather my final piece would be a drawing, a print, a mixture of both. or would i add ink and outline or would i take a whole new stance to it.

but then i realised i would create my final piece like my symbol pieces it was obvious!
i was going to draw the building iv created and ink and outline, perfect, i just had to do it now.
because the framer was going to be coming to collect the work prior to the hand in date i had to get my final piece done earlier.

i started by projecting my pieces onto the an A1 sheet and drawing the outline of the original design to save time and then i filled it in with symbols cleverly placed (in my opinion) and then i shaded, inked and outlined and it was done. then its was handed in  with three other pieces to be  framed and all i have to do is hang it up when the time comes.

on my final exhibit i will be hanging up my final building design and two square outline and inked pieces to show my colour contrast and sorting ability and my dream catcher symbol piece, so i shall have 4 frames. because when showing my work to Joe to ask what i should exhibit she stated how the colours and shapes of these 4 pieces works well together and that it will look professional in the exhibition. this helped me not be as upset i was about the lack of my work being framed because anyone can just frame everything an over do it and not think about how the pieces work together. so im glad i was able to make the mature decision an let go of the fact that not everything i want will be framed but my work will still look good.

No comments:

Post a Comment