Sunday 21 April 2013

FMP Week 1

Tuesday we had a mini meeting about how its the FMP and how people have not handed in their proposal beside 6 including me. which is really annoying because i worked really hard to create my proposal and now because of all the slackers the whole group is a week behind and i still haven't heard any feedback. it is sad how people ruin it for everyone. but any how i am going to work hard i need this / i want this!!!

so i decided to plan my blog post and my research and how i am going to do things because organization is key. we were given new sketchbooks for our FMP they are brilliant quality almost to nice to work in. i don't want to spoil it.

i think sketchbooks should be full of sketches and experiments and they should be a piece of art in themselves. so i hate sticking in pictures and having all my formal research in them i think its vile an detracts from the actual work. a sketchbook would depict big ideas and be plans of bigger things and research should be separate. so i am grateful for having a blog which gives me freedom to work in a sketchbook like an artist should, just work.

so i have planned pages in my book, i am wanting to have pages depicting my symbols and about them and then go on into my architectural theme an sketch my building an restore it. using my symbols an so on an at the same time on the side creating prints and art objects. so i m all organized now the time is to just go for it and experiment. this is the fun bit!

we were given these massive planning timetables so i decided to use it n write all my work plans down. its now hung up on my bedroom wall, ready to motivate me!

so after spending Tuesday and Wednesday planning and sorting on Thursday i just went with the flow and started my symbol pages. i began with my alchemy page. i like incorporating the symbols and creating a piece of art which i can them expand an create a full blown larger finished piece from. so i had my alchemy circles printed, photocopied and blown up.then i arranged them on the page and wrote the inscriptions repeatedly to create a background that i can work on.i am going to transfer my fob watch photographs  i have printed, onto fabric with image maker; as well as acetate. then i might add paint or ink to add color to outline finishing the image.
 i shall be finishing the page and re-post about it.
i have not got as far as the colour and transferring images, but its on my to do list, i don't want to rush an ruin it. i like coming back to pages iv worked a lot on with a fresh set of eyes and improving as i work.

then on Thursday i decided to create my idea of making a circular art object by connecting dream catchers to create a sphere (of awesomeness!). i made the dream catcher webs as per usual by wrapping faux suede around a bangle and then weaving a web in the middle with string. i then used a glue gun to hold it together but i don't think it worked well because you could obviously see the glue and it looked rough and ready. but this is just an experiment a machette its called in the art world. when i recreate it but in a larger form i m going to use sting to stick the circles together because it was hard to control with glue an i kept burning myself with the hot glue gun. and i think the final product would look better if it was done with string, and i could shape it easily which out the restricting fast drying glue.



despite not turning out as well as i thought it actually photographed well, i used two different colours as just an experiment i thing i will be using one colour in the future. check out my skills!





i then stayed till 6 o clock in college to sit in a life drawing class, which was a first, but you cant do art without life drawing so i just went for it. the class was open to everyone but was originally for the general public who have paid for the class. so i stayed back at this point i was exhausted  i was really nervous i didn't know how i would react and  was actually embarrassed but the model was a lovely women an she was so confident and comfortable set me at ease. there were loads of people who stayed back and it was hard to find a place to sit with a clear view so i sat on a table craning. for my first attempt i was really impressed with myself. my drawings are quite expressive and angry anyway and Richard (the fine art tutor) liked my line technique or something.

my work is angry because when i draw i take out all my frustrations and tension, art is my therapy. that's why my work is always detailed and frustrating looking i think it gives it emotion. plus most of the time when i am creating my work i am listening to rock! and i feel this influences my work to.

No comments:

Post a Comment